TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the club premises you have 14 full days after signup to cancel this agreement for any reason, although the initial first month payment made to the website is NON-REFUNDABLE. To exercise this right you must inform the club of this by post, email or telephone using the details below. If you have used the service before requesting to cancel then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from signup to the date cancellation was requested.
2. Your membership starts immediately.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for this type of membership chosen.
FEES AND CHARGES
4. The joining fee / initial Payment is due from you to us, is payable immediately and is not refundable.
5. The Direct Debit amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the Minimum number of three Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit Payment Date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non attendance, except where the cancellation terms below (or under the Principal Terms) are met.
6. If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if and Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, You shall pay us on demand and administration fee of £25 (which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you along with the possibility of your credit score being effected).
7.You agree to advise us promptly of any change to Membership Details provided.
8. If you fail to pay any amount due under the agreement for a period of more than ninety days (three payments) then we may pass the debt to a third party company for collection. The reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third party company will be borne by you including CANCELLATION.
9. General: Your membership can only be cancelled following a minimum 90 day cancellation notice. Cancellation must be done by notifying the club and making payments directly to the club:
a) The Direct Debit Payment amount for the current month of Membership AND
b) A cancellation fee equal to three further Direct Debits Payment.
Until such time as the full payment is received, you will continue to incur additional liabilities as set out in Clause 6 above. This does not apply if you fulfil one of the criteria below, set out in clause 10-14,
10. Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event of your new permanent address is more than 20 miles away from the facility different to the address setup with GoCardless, upon receipt of a copy utility bill or bank statement showing the new address, 90 days notice will be required.
11. Long term (over 3 month) Illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in written opinion of a doctor or other suitable qualified medical professional prohibits exercise for 3 months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
12. Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
13. Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given. Please note - ANY cancellation for the above reason will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by Harlands or the club.
14. Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below the standard.
15. Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, Injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitable qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time.
Please note - ANY freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) to the club.
Please note - A freeze period does not affect the minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
16. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the changes.
17. Only UFit Fitness licensed personal trainers are permitted to train members in club unless granted express permission in writing from UFit management. Anyone else undertaking members’ training will be asked to leave the gym immediately.
18. You must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, anti-social or threatening manner to any staff or member, anyone doing so will have their membership terminated immediately and UFit reserves the right to contact the Police if deemed necessary.
19. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
20. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. You may transfer your membership to another person provided that such person pay the Joining Fee signs and agreement with us and accepts the balance of any remaining Minimum No. of Direct Debit Payments.
21. We will do our best to resolve any dispute over this agreement. If you wish to take court procedures against us you must do so within the United Kingdom, Relevant UK law will apply.
22. If any part of this agreement is dissolved or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
23. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breech of the Clubs Rules (i.e. Stealing or other criminal activities within the facility) In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit Payments, provided such breech is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
UFit Community Leisure LTD / JNJ Leisure Limited
Unit 1B Trident Park